Saturday, May 12, 2012

April 21st, 1491

Today Edmund would have been 13.  I dealt with my first haunting today.  At first I thought it was a standard ghost, you tell them they are dead and they move on, no big deal.  It really wasn't a ghost, but more of a poltergeist, thankfully I had taken that book from the church a couple months back, a nice ancient book talked all about the undead.  So I burned some sage, salted the home, found out it use to be a soul of a small child.  It broke my heart, but I would not let anybody see that, as I helped the family that had just moved into the home.  Most ghosts and poltergeists are caused by not getting the dying rites, or last rites, not getting a proper burial or they were murdered and the killer goes unpunished.  In this case the body was just tossed in a hole without last rites and not on hollowed ground.  I found a local priest and he gave the body it's last rites and we buried the child (with salt, sage morning glories and violets) behind the church, properly.  It seems to have worked I hope it has...

No comments:

Post a Comment