Saturday, May 12, 2012

St. Patrick's Day 1491

Met another Hunter, at a St. Patrick's Day Celebration, he was totally drunk.  I walked into a bar, I was hungry and had been able to swipe some money to get a hot meal.  He was Irish, he was the one who told me today March 17th is called St. Patrick's Day.  He drinks whiskey to celebrate.  He told me St. Patrick was a Hunter.  A great one, he said that it started out with Hunters (who live in bars anyways) started celebrating but soon others had heard how he drove the 'snakes' (meaning demons) out of Ireland.  It is a huge thing.  A lot of the Hunters will have some whiskey go on a hunt, and then drink until dawn.  I listened to the Hunters as I ate corned beef and cabbage, with a large chunk of bread.  The bar owner, knew I was a hunter right away.  We all carry the same look.  It is an angry tired look, that never fades from our eyes.  A hunter wife and husband team came and sat with me, Mary and Phillip, they have been hunting since they were seventeen as well.  They told me that is a common age to take up hunting, even if you come from a family of hunters.  They told me to be careful where I stop.  Hunter's look out for each other they told me.  Even if they work alone, which most do.  There is a Hunter's bar founded within 100 miles of each other. Good information to know.  They gave me an extra bible and a rosary, shocked that I did not have them.  I thanked them by given them a Rowen arrows, for their bows.  Found a lot of wood on my travels, and thanks to my father, I have more than a few skills. I am good with wood mostly because it is easier to work with, my father was a blacksmith, but he loved carpentry.  For all that man's faults, he taught me right.  I learned at that moment when I gave them my gift for theirs, trading was a Hunter's means to live.  Tonight I was able to get my hands on herbs, stones, oils, books, and some more weapons, iron knifes, silver knifes, and some guns.  I found out delicate wood work like the arrows was rare, and they really wanted them after I showed of some of my archery skills.  I might stay here a few days, I still have a lot more bows, and I know where to find Rowen trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment